What is the MAPS Program?
The Master of Applied Professional Studies (MAPS) is an interdisciplinary graduate program in The Graduate School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. MAPS serves students on campus and in the community who need a graduate degree that is tailored to meet their unique career goals. At the core of the MAPS program is a series of courses in leadership and business fundamentals designed to provide students with essential professional skills.
Value of the MAPS degree
Job placement trends show increased attention to aligning graduate program curricula and learning outcomes with tangible professional opportunities. The MAPS program offers course flexibility and innovation, which allows you and potential employers to design a program of study that is useful to your career goals and employer workforce needs, along with academic rigor and faculty oversight.
Is the MAPS degree right for me?
Your Master of Applied Professional Studies degree will focus on a curriculum that will meet state and regional workforce needs, and with a special focus on professional development and skill attainment.
If you are an innovative, entrepreneurial, self-starter and you have goals in mind for what this educational opportunity will afford you, both to direct your academic experience and career advancement, then the Master of Applied Professional Studies degree is the right choice for you.
Flexibility to accommodate your schedule and career goals
- You may be enrolled full-time or part-time.
- Complete your degree in as little as 18 months if you register as a full-time student.
- Part-time options are available if you prefer to continue working while you enroll as a student.
- You will have five years to complete your degree.
- Tailor the degree to meet your needs and the needs of the state and regional workforce.
- Select from courses within a variety of participating programs.